Orange County Political Action Committee (OrangePAC) is a non-partisan, political action committee created by the Orange County Medical Society to elect pro-medicine candidates to local and state legislative offices. OrangePAC solicits voluntary contributions from physicians, their spouses and others interested in effective health care legislation. Funds raised are used to support pro-medicine, pro-physician candidates.
OrangePAC is organized for the purposes of
- Promoting and striving for the improvement of state government by encouraging physicians and others to take an active and effective role in governmental and political affairs.
- Encouraging physicians and others to know and understand the nature and actions of their government; the important political, social and economic issues of the day; and the records and actions of office holders and candidates for office in connection with those issues.
- Assisting physicians and others in organizing themselves for more effective political action so that they can carry out their civic, social and economic responsibilities.
- Cooperating with political and other committees having similar purposes and interests and to make contributions thereto.
- Providing for and promoting education among physicians and others in the area of governmental affairs and social, civic and economic affairs and issues.
Ernest Page, MD - Chair
Lawrence Halperin, MD - Vice Chair
Ravi Jahagirdar, MD
Harold Greenberg, MD
Brenda Holson, MD
Kevin Sherin, MD
Siva Sivanesan, MD
Elaine Hale - OCMSA