OCMS Value Proposition
Continuing Medical Education & Networking Opportunities
- Annual Meeting with local and statewide dignitaries
- Annual Legal Symposium
- Webinars on Public Health Issues and Business of Medicine Hot Topics
- Networking & Referral Generation opportunities for physicians during our social events.
- Women in Medicine Special Interest Group
- Special Events including our Gala, Legislative Roundtable, and Golf Tournament
- Legislative and Regulatory Representation in Tallahassee addressing tort reform, Maintenance of Certification reform, expanding outpatient opportunities for ASC’s, Direct Primary Care, fighting the elimination of PIP, etc.
- Lobbying representation in Tallahassee – only county medical society with an independent contract lobbyist.
- OCMS Political Action Committee interviews and endorses pro-medicine candidates for public office from Orange County.
- Host an OCMS Day on the Hill each spring in Tallahassee.
- Established payer relationships that benefit our members through the ability to address reimbursement issues and challenges directly with the payer or appropriate regulatory body. Direct Communication to the Office of Insurance Regulation, Division of Workers Compensation, UnitedHealthCare, Florida Blue, and First Coast Service Options.
- Strategic Partnerships with the Department of Health, Florida State University College of Medicine, and the University of Central Florida College of Medicine.
- Founding Partner of SpecialCare of Central Florida.
- Collaborative Programs with Orange County Government on Opioid Abuse Prevention.
- Communications collaborative with Orlando Medical News.
- Development of a local Physician Wellness Program.
- Sponsor of the Orange County Medical Society Foundation.
- Proud partner of the Orange County Medical Society Alliance.
Programs and Services
- Publication and distribution of an annual Physician Directory.
- MIPS Quality Measure Reporting discount service relationship for our members through Mingle Analytics, one of the largest and highest rated reporting organizations in the nation.
- Discounted Merchant Services with premier pricing and security features.
- Free Revenue Cycle Management reviews through our partners at PNC Bank.
- Referral Programs to assist our members in growing their practices locally.
- Discounted Disability Insurance through Northwestern Mutual.
- Workers Compensation Dividend Program through to Amtrust North America Insurance.
- Member Rewards Program offering discounts to many local and national merchants.
OCMS Delivers during the FMA Annual Meeting
Read the article in Orlando Medical News: Central Florida Caucus Shines During FMA Annual Meeting
OCMS Strategic Plan
Mission Statement: The OCMS is a leader in Central Florida dedicated to promoting high quality medical care and the value of physician services through education, collaboration, clinical excellence, transparency, and the design of a fair and competitive healthcare marketplace.
Vision Statement: The OCMS is the organization of choice for physicians who advocate for patients and for the quality and sustainability of the practice of medicine.
OCMS Annual Report
Click here to view
USE PROMO CODE: OCMSFALL