Your OCMS Staff continues to engage the Orange County Delegation on issues of importance to our members. If you have an ideas on issues that we can address to improve the profession and practice climate in Central Florida, please don't hesitate to submit your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have launched a Key Contact Program to identify relationships that our members have with State and Federal Elected officials in our community. If you have a relationship with any of our elected officials, please submit that information to our office by clicking on the following survey.
Orange County Medical Society
Political Action Committee (OCMS PAC)
OCMS PAC EVENTS
OCMS PAC is a non-partisan, political action committee created by the Orange County Medical Society to elect pro-medicine candidates to local and state legislative offices.
OCMS PAC solicits voluntary contributions from physicians, their spouses and others interested in effective health care legislation. Funds raised are used to support pro-medicine, pro-physician candidates.
OCMS PAC is organized for the purposes of:
- Promoting and striving for the improvement of state government by encouraging physicians and others to take an active and effective role in governmental and political affairs.
- Encouraging physicians and others to know and understand the nature and actions of their government; the important political, social and economic issues of the day; and the records and actions of office holders and candidates for office in connection with those issues.
- Assisting physicians and others in organizing themselves for more effective political action so that they can carry out their civic, social and economic responsibilities.
- Cooperating with political and other committees having similar purposes and interests and to make contributions thereto.
- Providing for and promoting education among physicians and others in the area of governmental affairs and social, civic and economic affairs and issues.